Mobile Disco and DJ Hire Header

Disco & DJ ProDub Licence Explained

DJs and disco suppliers in the UK who transfer their music from CD to some other digital format, such as MP3, should hold a ProDub licence.

The MCPS-PRS Alliance manage the ProDub licence and are responsible for payment of royalties to music composers, publishers and writers.

Though the ProDub licence is a relatively new addition to the set of legal requirements for discos and DJs, some venues, as part of their own public performance licence, may check if a DJ requires a ProDub licence and, if so, seek verification that a licence is held. If it isn't, then they could refuse access to the premises, thus ruining your event.

With the above in mind, it is always worth checking if your DJ or disco supplier requires a ProDub licence and, if so, checking that they will be carrying the appropriate certification when attending your event.    Privacy Policy & Cookie Policy    Terms Of Use
Copyright 2007 - 2019 Solar Entertainments
Email: Click here to email the administrators of this website